Perfect Beach Drinks To Share With Friends
Going to the beach means exercise, fun and time to let loose. Breathing fresh sea air, embracing warm sunshine and listening to the sound of the surf is something we call beach-ic-ity. Find out more about how to bring those feelings home with you in a previous blog here.
Whether you go with one friend or a group, you can count on getting thirsty. The following drinks, curated by Country Living Magazine, are cool, sweet and not afraid to embrace their own whimsy.
A delicious alcohol free Ginger-Peach Soda packs a flavorful punch. Add a splash of rum if you want to kick it up a notch.
Fun Beach Days Call for Refreshing Drinks
Pour a splash of rum to reveal this sunny refresher’s after-dark potential.
TOTAL TIME: 0:45 PREP: 0:15 LEVEL: Easy YIELD: 8 drinks
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 very ripe peaches
- 2 L Seltzer
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, bring 1 cup water, sugar, and ginger to a gentle simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove simple syrup from heat, cover, and steep for about 30 minutes.
- Over a medium bowl, pour syrup through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing minced ginger against sieve with the back of a spoon to extract flavor. Discard ginger. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Evenly distribute peach slices among 8 tall glasses. For each glass, lightly press peaches with the back of a wooden spoon to release their juice. Pour about 2 tablespoons chilled syrup over peaches. (Store remaining syrup in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.) Add ice cubes; then top with seltzer. Stir to distribute syrup, peach juice, and seltzer evenly. Garnish with 2 mint leaves.
Recipe adapted from: The Perfect Peach: Recipes and Stories from the Masumoto Family Farm by Marcy Masumoto, Nikiko Masumoto, and David Mas Masumoto
Here’s a tasty drink that pairs fresh pineapple with spicy jalapeños
This cocktail recipe comes from Joe Campanale, beverage director and co-owner of dell’Anima in New York City.
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 small pineapple
- ¼ small jalapeño
- ¾ c. añejo tequila
- ¾ c. blanco tequila
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 c. Crushed Ice
- Peel of 1 lime
- Using a small pot over medium-high heat,bring 3/4 cup water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pitcher, mash pineapple and jalapeño into a puree with a wooden spoon. Stir in tequilas, reserved simple syrup, and lime juice.
- Fill each glass with 1 cup crushed ice, then pour in cocktail. Rub each rim with a lime twist, then add to cocktail.
You can get more ideas for refreshing classic cocktails using modern mixology, in this online Bloomberg article, 12 Cocktails of Summer.
? Check out Zoomy’s posts on social media for easy, fascinating and inexpensive ideas for your Living Space Transformation!